South East £20-30kNegotiable Construction
Looking to advance your career in Building Control and gain chartered status?
Our Client is a leading Approved Inspector and due to continued growth is once again recruiting.
You will work as part of the building control service delivery team, to ensure that professional development is progressed to achieve professional qualification in line with agreed timescales and the company’s training framework.
Principle Objectives and Role Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of the Building Control surveyors; appraise plans and specifications for compliance with the Building Regulations. Initially on small domestic and commercial projects, progressing towards more complex, medium scale domestic and commercial developments.
- Carrying out inspections of work to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Ensuring that all project / inspection records etc. are accurately recorded on the company management system in line with the Quality Management Systems.
- Taking a full and active part in the training program and achieve a minimum 40 hours continuous professional development per annum
- Adhere to and work with the company’s institutional policies, strategic plans and systems.
- Work towards obtaining corporate membership of either RICS/CIOB or CABE.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Build up technical knowledge and experience to be able to solve problems in a general and later, specialist capacity.
- Willingness to work outside in all conditions.
- Interest in and knowledge of the built environment.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate and make difficult decisions when necessary within limitations of knowledge.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A full UK driving licence and willingness to travel.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of building control practice or the wider building industry.
- Preferably educated to degree level and working towards corporate membership of RICS, ABE or a similar professional qualification.
- Interested in building a long term career with a structured, professional environment
- Attractive basic salary
- Company bonus
- Company car
- Generous holiday allowance